Monday, August 04, 2008

Through The Sand

Yesterday, Mike left for his deployment. I had to part ways with my best friend and confidant to let him fulfill a duty that I have yet to fully comprehend. The proverbial "fork in the road," however, doesn't seem to fit this situation. Because, although we have to be separated physically, we are still undergoing this trial together... as the one that man and woman become when we commit to the sacred union of marriage. And that in itself helps to lift the cloud of alone-ness.

To stay true to the unique experiences that he will be undergoing apart from me and Max, though, Mike will be sharing his side of deployment life at his own blog: Through the Sand. I know I'll be following his every post!



I also praise God for the family whose presence I was immersed in during Mike's departure and throughout that day. The joy of seeing loved ones whom I have been separated from during our year in Guam was a timely blessing that effectively dissipated any feelings of loneliness.

6 comments:

Mike said...

I enjoyed your entry and cherished all of those pictures! I miss you so much. I love you.

Hennessy "Henna" Chin a.k.a. Tivoliz Patent Pending said...

Mike and Gemma,

Thank you for sharing your lives with us and the Lord's many blessings on your family. Audrey and I will keep you all in prayer. Mike, thank you for serving your country. We look forward to hearing of your adventures and seeing the Lord work through you during your time overseas. Know that you all are loved and prayed for on the East coast. We miss you guys a lot.

Brad & Audrey Chin

Bev said...

Hey Gemma,

I'm thinking and praying for you guys. So glad that you have your family around. Call you soon.

Justin said...

I spent the evening with Mike. I will keep an eye on him at least for the next few days. Hope you, Max, and the soon to be born little one are doing well. Sue and I think of you guys often and hope to see you soon.

Sue said...

Gemma, I am in tears! I'm so grateful you're able to be with family right now. These sweet pictures are all too familiar. You are always in my prayers & thoughts. I'm glad Justin got to see a familiar face last night. Mike stopped by as we were iChatting...it was good to chat with him for a minute. I hope your sweet baby girl is able to make her appearance while Mike's home next weekend. I'll be thinking of you!

EnJ Gipson said...

gemma and mike congratulations!!
It has been such a blessing looking over your blog, thanks for sharing. You are going do great gemma, max and maya will help the year pass and when they see mike it will be right where he left off. Your children are so beautiful, mike you are going to do awesome, thank you for serving our country, you will be so busy your time away won't feel like a year. great blog, great pictures..
love and blessings to each of you,
gipson family jacob,elena,jacobjr,julia
(remember us)