Monday, August 11, 2008

On the homefront

Being back in California has definitely softened the blow of being without Mike, especially through the closeness of family and the convenience of having simple luxuries... like Target and Jamba Juice!

Unfortunately, after living in the sheltered world of military healthcare, I am now discovering the woes of health insurance in the civilian world. Between referral authorizations and separate lab test bills, it's no wonder some people avoid dealing with their health and doctors altogether!

On a brighter note, this relocation allowed Max and me to attend my cousin's wedding in Las Vegas where I was able to reconnect with several relatives... What's funny is that the last time I saw most of them, I was pregnant with Max! (I may be making a new reputation for myself!) And since Vegas is "on the way" to Utah, Max was able to hang out with cousin Josiah throughout the wedding weekend--woohoo!



2 comments:

Mike said...

I really enjoyed the pictures. I miss you and can't wait to see you next week.

Gizelle said...

Gemma, We're praying for you that your delivery goes well and Maya is alright. Glad the package arrived to you!