Saturday, May 16, 2009

Because of You

My all-time favorite love songs are the ones that are sung  just for me... literally!  Just like a love-letter written in your beloved's own handwriting, music performed in my beloved's own voice is priceless.  So imagine how time stood still for me when my fiancee-to-be singled me out in the middle of a "highlight-of-the-year" talent show to sing me our song... and then asked me to marry him in front of our closest friends of LLUSM (along with a couple hundred other students and faculty)!!  After making me an offer I couldn't refuse, he did it again as I walked down the aisle to close the deal.  Needless to say, I was not the only one crying at either of those events!

Believe it or not, this is a "pre-dating" picture.

It's amazing to me that 5 years have already passed since I was so sweetly serenaded.  And when I think about what I've been blessed with and how I've grown in that time, I can honestly say, "It's because of you!"  I love you, Michael!


We've been through thick and thin...






"He has made everything beautiful in its time.
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men;
yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
--Ecclesiastes 3:11

2 comments:

The Copeland Crew said...

Is Mike singing that song? IF so, he is amazing! Actually, you both are amazing! I hope we get to spend a lot more time together when you all get back...

Love,
LaNita Copeland

Erika said...

Happy Anniversary~~ 5 years??? wow! that was a beautiful slideshow & song, oh it brings tears to my eyes....we love you guys!!