Friday, January 16, 2009

The Champion

8 years ago today was the date I officially submitted and admitted to "defeat."  After years of strictly platonic relationships and "being picky" (which, in many cases, was essentially romantic snobbery on my part), I finally decided to give someone "a chance."  As a fairly independent, self-sufficient, women's college graduate, I initially thought for sure that this dabbling in the dating world would be a fleeting chapter in my medical school career.  Little did I know... 
  1. how quickly I would fall for my very first boyfriend
  2. that my first dabbling would evolve into THE deepest dive of my life
In my pride (and secretly competitive spirit), I was awestruck that my heart had actually been successfully hooked by another.  I even remember expressing my acceptance of his courtship by telling him, "OK, you win.  You're the champion."  [It didn't seem like that eventful of a victory for Mike... until I saw written in his calendar "I AM THE CHAMPION!"]

The rest is history.  It's been a bumpy ride, but I have no regrets!  Michael, darling, you may have been victorious... but I'm the one who got the prize!  ;D I love you!!!

In the arms of my CHAMPION!

2 comments:

Mike said...

I LOVE YOU --your champion:)

Chad & Shoshanna Ordelheide said...

When are you guys coming back to island? Let us know!!!