Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Until Then

The agony of waiting. I am convinced and convicted that just as sure as this world had a beginning, there shall be an end. And for those who have a relationship with the God of the universe--the Creator and Savior of this world--the end is a cherished event that ushers in a long-awaited reunion between God and man. In the meantime, we've got more than just waiting to do.

A couple weeks ago, we had the opportunity to do special music at the Ordot-Ypao SDA church. Since Mike & I sometimes feel our repertoire is limited (partly due to the paucity of piano skills between the 2 of us), we decided to call on the talent of Ken & Gizelle to help us present something different... A little variation on the husband-wife duet, you might say.

This particular hymn is one of my favorites, reminding me that despite the trials that we must endure before Christ comes again, He has put a song in our hearts that allows us to experience and sing of joy until His blessed return.


2 comments:

Rhona said...

so beautiful... and encouraging! I miss your voices. =)

Momma Dot said...

hi, i found your blog online! we are a navy family, too - moving to guam with our 4 kids... my husband is being stationed at the naval hospital, too! we are penciled in to arrive in august 2008. we're also SDA (andrews univ '92; loma linda university '91)... in fact, my husband grew up in san diego & went to the academy. i'd love to chat more about "life on guam"... if you could please e'mail me at: daledot4kids@yahoo.com

Thank you so much! -Dot Ramirez