Saturday, May 03, 2008

Round 2

Ding, ding, ding! Well, I guess that since I just can't hide it anymore from my fellow Guamanians, it wouldn't be fair to hide it from our friends and loved ones across the globe...

We're pregnant! Yup, Baby #2 is on the way! We are certainly excited to expand our family a bit and have a playmate to keep Max company. I can't quite tell if Max comprehends this whole "Mommy's having a baby" concept, but whenever little Jasmine Lee is nearby, he seems to want to check in on her and make sure she's okay--as if those big brother instincts are ready to be activated!

So, the Mercado adventures shall soon take on a new dimension. The due date for this little one is September 7, 2008, which means I'm going to have a really hot summer! In the meantime, we're praying that Mike doesn't get called for that deployment to Afghanistan (which would start in August) and thanking God for each moment that God gives us together as a family.

Our first glimpse of the baby's face. In the middle of the dark area are the baby's nose and lips.


Profile shot.


Drum roll please...
It's a girl!!!

4 comments:

Sue said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you guys! You look great, Gemma! I hope Mike doesn't have to go...you'll be in our prayers.

Rhona said...

PRAISE GOD! baby looks good. =) What a blessing it is... I am so happy for you, Mike, and Max. You are strong, Gemma... you'll beat the summer. Looking forward to more updates. =D

Hennessy "Henna" Chin a.k.a. Tivoliz Patent Pending said...

Congrats Mike, Gemma, and Max! Audrey and I are so excited for the two of you! You're making it hard to catch up with you :-) Keeping you in prayer!

Gemma, I see that you're 10-year BMC reunion is coming up.

Brad

Kyle said...

Congrats, Gemma! I love reading your blog!