Saturday, August 18, 2007

Get to Work!

We are at the end of week # 3 in Guam and I wanted to share with you the Navy side of things. Our primary objective (military talk) for coming to Guam is to fulfill my obligation to the Navy as a family physician. Without going into too much detail, this week marks the end of my first official work week...and boy it was a lesson in patience.

If there is one thing that the Navy teaches you, it's adaptability. I am told one thing ("take a few days off, get settled."), and then told another ("...oh someone called in sick, go ahead and start seeing patients."). Then the addendum ("...by the way, you don't have access to anyone's medical records yet...and you are on call this weekend."). And that sums up my less-than-ideal welcome to work. Hopefully I will get promoted from my current rank of "newbie".

As a new family physician serving in the United States Navy I am looking forward to exciting times. To say it in just one word, my goal here in Guam is growth. Growth as a husband, father, doctor, and Christian. I know the Lord has so much in store for me and my family.

2 comments:

Dad Miranda said...

HI Mike!
Patience son, sir, life will be grand in no time at all. Next year another doc will be in your place and you'll be the boss. BTW, we're happy to see the Max exposure (suggest blur the bottom), he, he. Great blog.

Bev said...

Hafa adai!!! So happy that you guys are only like a 30 minute plane ride away=) You know i'm going to come visit you often! Hopefully i can make it for Max's 1st bday party. Love ya.